[AT] Spam> Tractor stuff and thieves, and your ideas

John Wilkens jwilkens at eoni.com
Mon Jan 17 15:15:08 PST 2011

We've been having increasing occurrences of burglary and vandalism
around our country neighborhood :(.....so, I've decided to fabricate
my own alarm system for the shop and my tractor stuff.  I want to
power a loud 12 V. horn by an automotive 12 V. battery.  I can
fabricate a heavy duty trigger switch or two, but I need your ideas
on how I can hook up the 12 V. current to the horn with some kind of
timer that would shut off the horn after 3 or 4 minutes.  All clever
ideas greatly appreciated!        Wind is blowing and the snow is
almost gone here in E. Oregon!         John W.

                    In the wide-open spaces of NE Oregon