[AT] Atis outage - the details

Larry Goss rlgoss at insightbb.com
Mon Jan 17 07:27:09 PST 2011

Thanks for the explanation, Spencer.  All of us who have had anything to do with IT over the years have gone through a similar problem a least once.  When you ask a company when or if an upgrade is available and you get "No" for an answer, you are never ready for the problems that result.

I heard an interesting discussion on NPR yesterday called "Digital Everafter."  It was a discussion of the legal and logistical problems that inheritance places on sites that store photos, videos, and other forms of information on-line.  As with all things in our digital society, it's not as simple as pulling the plug or canceling an account and password.

Larry