[AT] OT big satellite dishes

Bruce Moden brucemoden at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 12 08:19:39 PST 2011

the old 7.5' dishes (k band) were popular in WNY up thru th '80's since you could get blacked out NFL games on the major network feed channels, during comercial breaks all you saw were techs running around.  Most around here were taken down & scrapped, don't know if any were used to communicate (too many hills here).  Solar collector use, not much as far as my neighbors.
bruce