[AT] Stationary engine recordings

Ron Cook rlcook at longlines.com
Tue Feb 1 22:08:30 PST 2011

Thanks for the link, Ralph.
A mighty fine film that brings back lots of memories.  I worked in and
then managed a wooden elevator in Iowa in the sixties and seventies.
All the exact same equipment except the load out scale.  Ours was a trip
scale with a counter.  Box cars, car jack, paper coopering doors,
pushing the car by hand, all the same.  Ours was electric powered by the
time I got there.  The engine was taken out in the fifties.  It was
steam, fired by corncobs.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA