[AT] Stationary engine recordings

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Tue Feb 1 21:21:52 PST 2011

On 2/1/2011 10:50 PM, Paul Waugh wrote:
> 16 minutes of pure goodness.  Parts are so ... so good. How they can level
> train tracks so one man can move a box car that easy .... many, many good
> things without computers.  Credits say 1981
>
> Paul

It was good, but making me feel old because I hauled many thousands of
bushels of grain to local elevators like that one. Although we had the
hopper cars here . Also never saw that method of moving cars. At one
time they kept an old tractor handy for that purpose but mostly they had
a big winch and rope that did the car moving.
I doubt theres any wooden grain elevators like that one still in use
here in Sask. now.

Ralph in Sask.