[AT] Seeking Choke Return Spring Ferguson TO-20 Follow On

SZakaluk at aol.com SZakaluk at aol.com
Thu Dec 29 13:26:25 PST 2011

Seeking Choke Return Spring  Ferguson TO-20 Follow On

I very much appreciate the  comments I received to my post last week asking
for help on identifying and  obtaining a Choke return spring for my 1951
Ferguson.

Unfortunately, when I finally  did a detailed inspection, I find it has a
Carter UT 0-985 (top marked 0-834)  carb, tag numbers are 24189  D6  2, not
the original Marvel-Schebler  TSX361.

It's run fine with the Carter  at least since 1990 when I bought the
tractor.

The spring fits on the shaft  where the manual choke shaft connects to the
carb, and looks like it has four  turns.

I've asked McDonald Carbs for  help, but thought this august group might
have further ideas.  Perhaps I  could just take a common hardware coil spring,
and connect it to the choke shaft  to maintain tension? I hate to pull the
carb when it's working OK otherwise, and  my Wagner WM-3 loader makes access
in this area  difficult.

Appreciate any  assistance.

Steve  Zakaluk