[AT] Carb problems

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sun Dec 25 10:04:03 PST 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dick Day" <ddss at telebeep.com>
To: "ATIS" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 24, 2011 7:24 PM
Subject: [AT] Carb problems

> A while back, I posted a question about David Bradley tractors. Well, I
> bought two, one is the very first model they sold through Sears, a 5751
> and
> the other is a 1955 Super 3.
>
> The Super 3 was re-powered with a Briggs Model 14, 5hp engine.

Farm auctions are , or used to be, a good source for old Briggs engines.
Probably half the grain augers out there used to be powered by a Briggs 12
or 16 hp engine. Smaller ones too. I think I still have a black one, (9or 10
hp?) Can't recall the model numbers. Carb kits were not a problem to buy
last time I tried but that is a few years ago. A lot of these engines have
been retired as grain augers grow bigger and require newer, bigger engines
for power.

Ralph in Sask.