[AT] east coast earthquake

Howard Fleming hfleming at moosebird.net
Wed Aug 24 07:12:28 PDT 2011

Felt it here (Front Royal, VA (about 80 miles away).  When it started by
wife yelled earthquake, get outside (she is from California... :o), so
we were outside on the driveway for most of it.

Rather interesting to feel the ground "roll or swell" under you, while
watching the IH 1310 truck in the driveway rock back and forth.

Other than knocking things over, sloshing water out of the fish tank,
and adding more cracks to some walls, no other real damage here (at
least that I know of).

Guess I picked a good week to spend at home on vacation, otherwise I
would have been in Washington DC when it hit.  Understand the traffic
was a bit "rough" getting home that day, since the federal government
let everyone go at the same time.... :o0

Howard