[Farmall] 1949 H Running Rough

Tim Savelle tim.savelle at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 07:13:03 PDT 2011

My 1949 H is idling and running a bit rough.  I suspect it is mostly
from ignorantly burning gas with ethanol.  I starts right up, and
doesn't choke down.  But the idle is not smooth, and at high RPM's
doesn't improve much.  I've run a tank of gas through it with Sea Foam
(2 ozs/gallon of gas) thinking it might help clean it out, and perhaps
it has to some degree, but the problem isn't solved.  I'm thinking a
carburetor kit might be necessary.  Is this a logical next step and
advisable? Thanks, Tim