[Farmall] Super C Problem

Kurt Musgrave rvar at plainstel.com
Wed Aug 3 06:45:00 PDT 2011

While I go along with your problem being fuel related, I thought I'd pass
along something I had happen on one of my H's.  It had been running poorly,
acting strange, etc.  Would generally idle fine, may rev up, may not, might
run fine for a while then wouldn't, choke might help, then didn't seem to
change it.  I cleaned out carb, cleaned fuel lines, blew back into tank,
even played with the governor some.  Even took carb off another H to try.
When it acted about the same with the other carb I was really puzzled.
Then....it was sitting idling in the shop and I tried to pull off the air
cleaner cup, I could not get it off, suction holding it on.  I discovered a
wasp nest in the pipe just below the precleaner cap.  There was only room
for just a small amount of air to pass thru....just goes to show...sometimes
it's the simple stuff to check first.

Kurt