[AT] Restriction on selling raw milk...

Chuck Bealke bealke at airmail.net
Fri Apr 29 14:17:31 PDT 2011

On 4/29/2011 1:14 PM, Ralph Goff wrote:
> On 4/29/2011 9:58 AM, Grant Brians wrote:
>>        We have legal raw milk in California, but even so the state department
>> of health constantly tries to shut the producers down. Who is it that is
>> pushing this? I am not a conspiracy type person, but I have to think there
>> is a relationship between the big food companies and the action.
>>        I am a testament to the benefits of raw milk, it tastes great and is
>> terrific for teenagers! It tastes better than the pasteurized, that's for
>> sure....
>>             Grant Brians
>>
> Its all we drank here as kids and I don't know that it ever hurt anyone.
> Of course it did not come from a huge over crowded "milk factory" type
> dairy. Just the little herd of cows that wandered the pastures of my
> Dad's farm. We live in a different world now.
>
> Ralph in Sask.

Ralph,

It kinda seems that if milk that came from our four or five cows was as
dangerous as implied, even back then:
- A zillion cats that grew up begging for a taste of it warm would have
perished after being "accidently" sprayed at least once daily for years
by young fellers milking by hand pointing a teat in their direction
- I would have died by the age of fourteen, as I had drunk as much by
then as some calves
- Farmers in my area with a few cows who were forced to stop selling
milk generations ago would not have not had so many customers
complaining and trying to figure a way around the gov's ban despite
steady and scary tuberculosis warnings.

It's strange that no one mentions how delicious fresh, natural cream
is.  If you ever had quality ice cream made from a Jersey cow's cream
risen overnight to the top of fresh chilled milk, you might well throw
rocks at the stuff in stores.  I can almost still taste it after 50+ years.

Chuck Bealke