[Farmall] Farmall Cub Engine seal replacement

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Tue Apr 26 03:55:25 PDT 2011

I suppose it can be done without removing the manifold, but you would be
making the job a LOT harder. Plus, getting the side plate off and back
on and sealed properly would be "challenging". I have looked at many a
Cub engine before adjusting the valves and always elected to remove the
manifold (and was glad I did).

Here is one I did a couple of months ago:
<http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/international_184/184-engine-overhaul-14.html>
(The 184 is essentially identical to the Cub, for all practical purposes.)

I guess I should note that I never recall adjusting the valves unless I
was in the process of other engine work, so removing the manifold was an
obvious step.

Mike