[AT] Mounted Cultivator discussion - was RE: JD CCA cultivator info

Grant Brians sales at heirloom-organic.com
Fri Sep 10 18:25:47 PDT 2010

Well, I am not in the Midwest and have no John Deere antique tractors, so I
am not a candidate for trying to take advantage of Joe's kind offer. BUT,
and this is a really big BUT, I have a very strong interest in cultivating
arrangements as we use them for growing all of our vegetables! So, perhaps
this is a key to start a discussion of cultivating tools and practices?
     By the way, both the Farmall 240 that I got about a month ago and the
late (crossbars type) grill Oliver 770 that I just got Wednesday Night have
front mount belly type cultivators mounted that we will be using a lot. The
770 I finished loading at about 9PM and then did a 2 hour drive back to the
ranch, followed by unloading it the the next morning (yesterday.) At the
moment those multiple nights with less than 3.5 hours of sleep are catching
up with me. I think the cultivator on the Oliver 770 is a local Salinas
Valley shop built unit, but I think the Farmall 240 cultivator may be a
factory unit. I wonder how I can tell? I'll try to contribute more on this
discussion soon, I need to get an electrical unit installed now.
           Grant