[AT] sidehill combines

john hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sat Sep 4 04:31:27 PDT 2010

Ralph, did that combine have tractor style lugs on the tires? Either way
that hill was seriously steep.  Another reason I ask is that my new Shoup
catalog has a pciture of a John Deere combine with diamond style tread
tires. It appears it may be a side hill machine. Those tires are very
rounded when looking at them in the direction of travel. I guess you would
get more ground contact when the tire starts to run on the edge in a
sidehill application.

John Hall