[AT] To wet for tractors

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Thu Sep 30 14:30:53 PDT 2010

I belong to the Community Collaborative Rain, Hail & Snow
network.<http://www.cocorahs.org/>

 From their website: "CoCoRaHS is a grassroots volunteer network of
backyard weather observers of all ages and backgrounds working together
to measure and map precipitation (rain, hail and snow) in their local
communities. By using low-cost measurement tools, stressing training and
education, and utilizing an interactive Web-site, our aim is to provide
the highest quality data for natural resource, education and research
applications. The only requirements to join are an enthusiasm for
watching and reporting weather conditions and a desire to learn more
about how weather can effect and impact our lives."

All I do is check my special gauge every day and the same time and
report the amount in the gauge. It takes all of five minutes for the
whole process and is a valuable tool researchers and others following
the weather.

It is not for everyone, but the more people who file reports, the more
accurate the understanding of rainfall for those who depend on it.

Mike