[AT] AR JD

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed Sep 15 20:02:54 PDT 2010

Had to fire up the old AR John Deere yesterday while re-arranging stuff in the shed. Took it out to blow the dust off and get all the fluids warmed up a little as this tractor does not see much use anymore.
Took a little video that I hope to upload to the net one of these days when I have a more user friendly connection. For now here is a still photo.
I notice what seems to be a lot of valve noise at slow idle. Is that normal for these 2 cylinder engines or should I be adjusting the tappets?

http://hotimg23.fotki.com/p/a/142_165/24_48/ARSept2010-vi.jpg

Ralph in Sask.