[AT] they're cute but be careful...

Al Jones farmallsupera at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 30 20:38:38 PDT 2010

I just made my little buddy Milkshake read this and promise never to bite me.  In all seriousness, thanks for the warning, I do hope your infection resolves itself!

Al

I should point out, I am not an indoor pet owner per se.  I have always preferred my critters outside.  That changed in August, when two of our female cats that hit puberty a little faster than we were expecting before they could be spayed, had kittens.  Between the two they had 8, that quickly dropped to 6 and then 5.  Milkshake nearly died before we realized she was getting pushed off during nursing.  We found her in bad shape one Sunday morning and took her to the vet. hospital.  Put her on antibiotics, and began bottle feeding every, I mean EVERY 4 hours.  We stil tried to keep her with her mom.  One day when I came home we couldn't find her, but could hear her crying.  The mother cat had moved her some distance away from the rest in the old barn, apparently to abandon her since she was so sickly.  That's when my wife decided she was coming inside!  She's now about 2 lbs and fiesty as you have ever seen.  When she gets bigger she'll probably be outdoors full time but I have become quite attached....

Al