[AT] WooHoo

Charlie V 1cdevill at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 05:46:46 PDT 2010

I have tried the modified reply thing, Charlie, and it seems to work
when a new post will not.  Below is the message from the 10/16 failed
post.  It may be of no interest, but I found it interesting to learn a
little more on the subject.  We have several clearly marked "Fuel
Cell"  SUVs driving past the house regularly, but this story makes me
wonder if I would ever want to own one. (Right!  Like I would have the
$$$ to buy it.)

Charlie V.

Just some readin".

Not long after some conversation occurred on this list Re: hydrogen
powered vehicles, we had a hydrogen explosion at our county airport.
It seems some county vehicles are hydrogen powered and we have the GM
fuel cell and electric car research facility here in the village where
I live, as well as research at Rochester Institute of Technology in
Henrietta.  For days following the mishap, newscasts quoted County
officials as saying that no fuel was being transferred.  It was only a
tank exchange facility.    When viewing photos and film from the
scene, the only vehicle involved was a typical tank truck.  No vehicle
was there to transport small cylinders.  It was pretty obvious that
fuel was being transferred.  Below is a link to newscast of the latest
findings.

http://batavia.ynn.com/content/all_news/western_ny/520695/airport-hydrogen-explosion-ruled-accidental/