[Farmall] Farmall Super A

John Gustafson gustafsonjohnc at wildblue.net
Fri Oct 29 13:53:14 PDT 2010

I had a similar experience with a  grey market tractor I bought a few years
back. Essentially a MF 205 two cyl diesel. Kept getting coolant in the oil
when the tractor satup for a few weeks.

Got lots of assurance  (Three different machine shops and the dealer) that
the head and block were  flat and spent a bunch of time pressure testing
looking for cracks or leaks. Finally took it to the best automotive machine
shop in the area. He put a flat across the head and joined the chorus that
said it's fine but yeah it's been leaking somewhere fecause of erosion spots
in the combustion chamber. I told him to take .005 off of the surface
anyway. "Don't need it" .  Me:  "It's my money, just do it anyway.

Two days later I get a call. Heads ready. You were right it was warped. One
small area near and  it took about .008 to clean it up. Reassembled it and
it's been tight ever since. Once in a while you just gotta go with your gut
on these things