[AT] [SEL] Engine ID

Dave Merchant kosh at ncweb.com
Thu Nov 25 15:52:29 PST 2010

I didn't post it...

The site is http://www.shorpy.com/

Named in honor of the grease covered kid in this photo...

http://www.shorpy.com/node/9406?size=_original

This site has ruined my life.

Dave Merchant

At 04:26 PM 11/25/2010, you wrote:
>At 07:00 PM 25/11/2010, you wrote:
> >Message: 5
> >Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 06:54:01 -0500
> >From: Dave Merchant <kosh at ncweb.com>
> >Subject: [SEL] Engine ID
> >
> >Any takers?
> >http://www.shorpy.com/node/9403?size=_original
> >Dave Merchant
> >kosh at nesys.com
> >dmerchant at layerzero.com
>
>Hi Dave,
>          I have no idea as to what the engine is but it does look British
>in design (Wolseley, Lister)(or maybe Aus or NZ) but not the governor
>arrangement on the flywheel.
>
>          That's not why I wrote !!
>
>          What an incredible photograph (considering it was taken in 1910).
>Focus, lighting, detail (even in most shadow areas) is incredible - all
>that and it is also "wide angle" with no distortion towards the edges. Look
>at the detail on the Guys (holding the hose) face -the lighting and shadows
>are tremendous.
>
>          Thank you so much for posting it.
>
>Keep the revs up (or down)
>Jerry Evans
>Near Johannesburg in Sunny South Africa.
>Etched Brass Engine Plates made to order:
><www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm>

Dave Merchant
kosh at nesys.com
dmerchant at layerzero.com

http://www.nesys.com
http://www.nesys.org
YouTube: SteamCrane

"I've just completed Mike's Nature trick of adding in the real temps
to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards)
and from 1961 for Keith's to hide the decline."
         - Prof. Phil Jones
         - Director, Climatic Research Unit
         - School of Environmental Sciences
         - University of East Anglia