[AT] Thoughts on small combines, other harvest machinery and where it takes us (continued)

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 5 17:59:52 PDT 2010

There is a local seed producer that, at least 5-10 years ago, still used
AC-60's and 66's for seed harvest.  I have one, broke something and
bought a parts machine off them cheap.  They say nothing else produces
as clean seed while not "wringing" the moisture out of the chaff and
putting it in the seed.  There was an after market attachment called a
"ScourClean" that mounted on top of the grain bin that was an additional
screen for the seed.  We used ours mostly for soybeans when I was a kid,
other than splits, the grain was about as clean as seed.

Mine "worked when parked", the main problem is the canvas feed, if the
canvas goes bad, I don't know if a replacement could be obtained.  I
used mine about 10 years ago for some oats, worked OK, but not worth
fixing the flats for what I harvested.  Mine has tandem wheels, so 4
tires to keep fed.