[AT] Gasifier comments - re messages from Saturday

Grant Brians sales at heirloom-organic.com
Tue Nov 2 07:18:38 PDT 2010

Wood Gasifiers were the technology that allowed Germany to run civilian
engines during the latter parts of WWII. They were common in eastern Europe
and Russia during the same time period because of the petroleum situation
then. Few people today think about the reason why Germany and Romania were
allies or Japan tried to take over Indonesia and South East Asia - Oil! In
Germany's case they had no domestic petroleum sources and got all of their
oil from Romania and the middle east. Russia had petroleum resources even
then and that was one of the factors that drove Hitler to invade Russia. It
is unclear whether his motivations there were a major factor or not, but it
was a factor.
     In Japan's case, they also had to import the petroleum. At the time
there was little production in NE Asia (only Sakhalin that was disputed with
Russia) at all and there were no Siberian fields like now. Manchuria in
China was taken over for natural resources and the factories that Japanese
companies had built there.
            Grant Brians
            Hollister,California
            Vegetable, Nuts and Fruit farmer