[Farmall] Starting in the Cold

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Mon Nov 1 06:30:31 PDT 2010

The feed sack on the radiator is almost an absolute requirement for
operating any thermosyphon cooling system in cold weather. Otherwise,
the engine will never warm up properly. I hold mine on with 4 strong
magnets. But I don't cover the grill completely - I leave a 3" gap at
the top because I once had the sack freeze solid when plowing snow with
a Cub while it was still snowing, blocking the airflow completely.

Mike