[Farmall] Starting in the Cold

Chad Stansbury oldvw2 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 1 05:58:42 PDT 2010

Some of the things that have helped my '49 Cub start easy for snow duty (well at least as much cold and snow as we see in central NC) has been to rebuild the original 6v starter and replace the battery cables - these two things made a huge difference in cranking speed. The cub has a magneto so proper mag condition and lubrication are important as well. I also made a radiator cover made out of an old feed sack to help it warm up faster and reach operating temperature.
Hope some of these ideas help,
Chad