[AT] OT - Vavorite garden beans

H. L. Staples hlstaples at mcloudteleco.com
Thu May 20 09:26:01 PDT 2010

Hi Mike sorry I won't be much help with selecting a green bean
variety. In our vegetable enterprise we didn't spend much time
planting green beans,  because no one wanted to pick them.

Beans are a crop that requires a harvester if the acreage is
large enough to be able to profit from the operation.

For our own use we liked the pinto varieties, just picked them
up at the grocery store. That way the seed is really cheap and
beans are pretty flat and and really tasty. They don't get stringy
unless wait to late to pick them.

Took a dimes worth of typing to give my two cents worth.

H. L.

Hi all, OT, but I was wondering what variety of green beans you favor. As a
small garden grower, I am interested in a continuously  productive plant,
not like the big commercial growers that like all their beans to come in at
once. I know we have some vegetable farmers on the list, (HL) and would
appreciate some input. Thanks, Mike