[Ford-ferguson] Suggestions for cleaning out the cooling system on a 1948 Ford 8N?

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Tue May 11 08:38:26 PDT 2010

I can only relate my experience with a 2N block. It was almost
completely filled with "crud" that I discovered after removing a leaking
freeze plug at the back. I didn't think that any product available to
consumers was going to effectively clean it out. Since I needed to have
the valve seats replace and other work done, I just stripped the engine
down and took it to a local engine machine shop for "boiling out". If
your engine is bad as mine was, that may be your only alternative.

<http://public.fotki.com/mikesloane/1946_ford_2n/2n_overhaul_4_4_05_08.html>

Mike