[AT] Iron and lots of it

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Mon May 10 17:08:37 PDT 2010

Its true, mfd or fwa tractors are geared slightly higher in the front axle
according to my manual anyway. (CaseIH 7130). Thats why it is not
recommended to have the front axle engaged on hard surface roads as it can
cause drive train stress.
I sure wouldn't go without it in the field though. It wasn't enough to save
me on Saturday but I was able to unhitch and drive the tractor out of the
mud, then with the aid of a huge long nylon rope I pulled the cultivator and
anhydrous tank out to semi-dry ground. Hard to find solid dry ground in that
field.

Ralph in Sask.