[AT] OT - Skunks

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Wed Mar 31 20:00:00 PDT 2010

Mike Meulenberg wrote:
> Hi George, I think coyotes will eat skunks. Another neighbor of ours
> has a son that is into tanning hides. Apparently it involves soaking
> the hide in various solutions and scraping it down with different
> tools. Recently his son shot a coyote,and when they started soaking
> the hide, it reeked of skunk. I think coyotes will eat anything they
> can manage to kill. Mike M

A 'yote will eat whatever it can get. Live or dead. They like small
stuff like mice,voles, rabbits, skunks normally. Deer are opportunity
kills and anything larger is mostly off the menu. But the can make short
work of most animals. One of the local farmers used to just drag dead
cattle way up on the hill and it only took a couple days for most of it
to be gone.

--
Steve W.