[AT] OT - Skunks

Henry Miller hank at millerfarm.com
Tue Mar 30 19:33:25 PDT 2010

Please don't release anything you trap, except to the same place to trapped
it.  The area you release in already has its own inhabitants that don't want
more, and they will just drive the released away.   Often what you release
starves to death - a combination of not knowing where to find food in that
area, and being driven away from the food it does find.

Also biologists have a lot of problems trying to track genetic differences
between animals in various areas without dealing people transporting new genes
into the area.   If you don't want it around, just kill it - the nicest thing
for all involved.  (With skunks I know this is hard because of the spray
issue)

There are exceptions, but people introducing endangered species deal with a
lot of red tape to make sure this is done right.  Let them do it.