[AT] OT - Skunks

Bob McNitt nysports at frontiernet.net
Tue Mar 30 17:41:56 PDT 2010

Mike -

When a neighbor or family member has a skunk problem, I often get a
call. I use a cage-type trap (Havahart) so I know what's in the trap.
With skunks I simply take an old dark-colored throw rug etc., hold it in
front of me and slowly approach & cover the trap. The skunk won't spray
and I can then cart it off somewhere and release it. Just move slowly &
don't remove the rug, etc. until the skunk leaves the trap. I've caught
& released dozens this way. With bait you may also catch cats, possums,
squirrels, woodchucks and whatever. Good luck.
Bob