[AT] Club tractor drives

Consumers Oil Co. consumersoil at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 29 12:49:58 PDT 2010

Yes we do inform the local law enforcement. The more you work with them the
better. They don't have everybody calling in and wondering what is going on.
We usually have the local fire district lead us through their district. Then
the next one meets us and so on.
We usually travel secondary black tops.
We try and stay off the main hiways put sometimes can't be helped to reach
the destination.
We have tried to space every 25-30 tractors for passing. If someone wants to
pass we pull to the side as much as can. The local people know the route and
stay off or reroute their trip.
You will have more people setting along watching than you ever believed.
We have mobile port a potties, service trucks for break downs, rescue
trailers for tractors that break down or just get behind,
water trucks for breaks and just a lot of volunteers.
The speed is usually tried to shoot at 12mph. We have a few older tractors
that go last as to not hold up the line. We try and space tractor speed with
the group.
We are in Missouri and do have fun at these events.
Takes a lot of time and effort to pull off.