[AT] How do I test a Generator?

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Fri Mar 26 13:59:28 PDT 2010

Ben, hopefully you have an old school starter and generator shop in your
area.  If so take it there and let him put it on his "growler".  That's
about the only easy way to figure out what's wrong.  If it's an old school
shop they will take it apart and fix it, usually at a fair price instead of
telling you it needs a complete rebuild or it can't be fixed.  I guess it's
possible that it's completely shot or needs a total rebuild but not likely
in my experience.

Charlie