[Farmall] More "H" questions

Robert L. Holtzer rholtzer at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 20 22:59:13 PDT 2010

 From the appearance of the tank near the label, paint was applied
over pitted and corroded metal.  Suggest removing the tank and
stripping or sandblasting the whole tank down to bare metal then
rebuild to a smooth surface using a body filler and primer.  Also you
will get a good idea about any pinholes.  The bubbles appear to be
quite a distance from the filler neck so perhaps the gas odor is due
to penetration from spills on the surface?

CaseIH spray can paint is excellent and provides a good finish once
you do the base finish work.  I've used it on three Farmalls and
don't detect any difference from bulk CaseIH paint.  Much easier to
use on smaller projects.

Bob Holtzer