[AT] Off topic, computer related.

Ben Wagner ben at olde-books.com
Mon Mar 15 17:45:26 PDT 2010

Charlie,

I haven't had this happen, but I have heard a lot of good things about
some freebies from Source Forge which might help...

Unfortunately, computers don't have carburetors, which makes problems
awfully hard to diagnose.

~Bugswatter  http://sourceforge.net/projects/bugswatter/ scans every
file on a hard drive for viruses.
~Delete 'Em, http://sourceforge.net/projects/delete-em/ can delete even
your "in use" files that allow the virus to stay alive.  It runs on
java, though, but you might have Java already.
~Virus Tools http://sourceforge.net/projects/fixvirii/ seem pretty
simple, but they might work
~ Power Remover http://sourceforge.net/projects/powerremover/  It has
great ratings

We use Spy Hunter to check for files but we then remove them manually.
Maybe try Spy Hunter and use the Delete 'em to, well, delete 'em.

Charlie, if you want any of these programs but are afraid to go get them
off the internet, I can download and send you the files.

Hope this helps,
Ben Wagner