[Farmall] "H" oil filter questions - photos below

szabelsk at gdls.com szabelsk at gdls.com
Tue Mar 9 05:09:00 PST 2010

You can try lightly wetting the gasket with oil, putting it on a flat
surface under a heavy flat object over night. It just took a set from
being bent in the box for a while.

As for cleaning the old gasket out of the groove, something along the
lines of a small screwdriver with a bent tip works good. Just drag it
along both edges of the groove and then down the middle. For getting right
into the edges of the grooves I use an old tire plug tool that I bent and
sharpened so that it gets right into the corners. If the scraper is soft
steel you shouldn't have to worry about damaging the housing. Sometimes
soaking it with carb cleaner helps loosen things up.

Carl Szabelski

This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information.  No one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in reliance on it or its attachments.  If you are not the intended recipient, please return this message to the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.