[AT] Larry G. Knee Replacement

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 12:40:57 PST 2010

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 5:09 PM, Don Bowen <don.bowen at earthlink.net> wrote:

> My wife had that done last summer and can now see better that sh has in
> years.  She only has one good eye and she had concerns about surgery on
> the remaining eye.  Once again the best medical industry in the world
> was undone by insurance.  She had gone to this doctor several times
> before and had a comfort level built up.  With only one good eye that is
> a concern.  Trouble is that the doctor was out of network and the
> insurance would not pay for it unless she went to a doctor in network
> that she had no history with.  She might have been able to go out of
> network if she was willing to wait until the paperwork ground through
> the system and still be rejected several times so $5000 later she went
> to the doctor that she is comfortable with and now can see better than
> she has in years.
>
> --
> Don Bowen           KI6DIU

On all of my many list and forums person after person that has had the
warm fuzzies because they "thought" that they had good stable
insurance have been finding out that their insurance company is better
at collecting for premiums than paying out claims... Some depend on
delaying and attrition and others use outright denial. Not all
function like that of course but the numbers are frightening and
getting worse. Bad economic times bring out the best and the worst of
man...

--
Have you hugged your horses today?

Francis Robinson