[AT] Larry G. Knee Replacement

Don Bowen don.bowen at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 4 14:09:22 PST 2010

GWaugh wrote:
>  About a month ago I had eye
> surgery, wherein three tiny slits were made in the right eyeball, the
> humorous (liquid inside the eyeball) was pumped out, and the retina
> physically scraped off.  All as an out patient!!!  Now I have to wait for 6
> months to a year to learn the full benefit, but the procedure itself was
> remarkably anticlimactic!!
My wife had that done last summer and can now see better that sh has in
years.  She only has one good eye and she had concerns about surgery on
the remaining eye.  Once again the best medical industry in the world
was undone by insurance.  She had gone to this doctor several times
before and had a comfort level built up.  With only one good eye that is
a concern.  Trouble is that the doctor was out of network and the
insurance would not pay for it unless she went to a doctor in network
that she had no history with.  She might have been able to go out of
network if she was willing to wait until the paperwork ground through
the system and still be rejected several times so $5000 later she went
to the doctor that she is comfortable with and now can see better than
she has in years.

--
Don Bowen           KI6DIU