[Farmall] H cultivator setup

E. John Puckett ejpuckett at centurytel.net
Mon Jun 21 05:31:46 PDT 2010

Mike Sloane wrote:

> Also note that the original cultivator setup for earlier H/M tractors
> was raised by an "armstrong" lever at the right of the operator, so, if
> that isn't part of your tractor, you need the complete lift mechanism as
> well as the mounting and tool bars, sweeps, shovels, etc. It is not a
> simple assembly......
Or if it is like the wet we had on our H (HM-221) there were 3 levers,
that originally raise each section, right, left, rear.  With the
addition of the hydraulic system those levers then became used only for
depth control.   However, that A frame that moved back and forth over
the lever quadrant was sure rough on a foot in a tennis shoe if you had
it in the wrong place when you let the cultivators down.

If you happen to be at a Red Power Roundup, look for a gentleman named
Mike Becker (no relation to Jim),   He calls himself the Paper Farmer,
and is very knowledgeable and helpful about the manuals, in addition to
having reasonable prices.  Most of the implements for Dad's H are long
gone, but I wanted to get manuals for them to fix up as a display when I
am showing the tractor.  At The Columbia RPRU Mr. Becker spent about 45
minutes to an hour helping me find the manuals.  Most of the time I only
had a description of the implement, no model number, and with only one
exception he walked tight over and pulled the manual out of the box.