[AT] OT: hydrostat mowers

John Wilkens jwilkens at eoni.com
Fri Jun 18 12:12:57 PDT 2010

Hi Bill.  I can't answer your question but I can tell you my
experience with my Cub Cadet mower.  I like it very much but one day
I was working it hard in high grass and rough ground and it stopped
all forward travel.  I always run it on full throttle while
mowing.  The hydrostats were making an odd noise so I shut it off and
let it cool off for an hour or so.  Figured it might be the
hydrostats getting too hot and foaming up.  Sure enough when I went
back to try it it was normal.  ..   John W.