[AT] Fuel tank problems

john hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Thu Jun 10 14:10:44 PDT 2010

Plastic parts are now very common place and something we are going to have
to learn to deal with. I had to fix a plastic hood on a John Deere lawnmower
last year--it had a bout an 18" long split. I bought a $50 kit from a body
shop supplier/paint store. Sent the mower home and a few weeks later the
mower got in a fight with a pickup truck--the hood lost but the repairs
held. I fixed those this spring. They also make welding agents for plastic,
you cna get them at Auto-zone pretty cheap. While this stuff is probably not
appropriate for a fuel tank, it is nice to know this stuff is available
since so many typically sheet metal parts are now plastic.

John Hall