[AJD] Introduction - and a question

Bill Brueck b2 at chooka.net
Fri Jun 4 10:01:52 PDT 2010

Standard procedure for a lightly stuck Deere is to stick a couple of stout
bolts in the holes near the center of the flywheel.  This will give you a
place to put a bar and apply controlled force in either direction.  From
what you describe I expect it will shake loose easily for you.  Did this on
my own H a few years back when it had set a little too long.

Filling the cylinders with diesel fuel first will help, too.  When it starts
moving the surfaces won't be dry.  The diesel will quickly end up in the
crankcase, especially after you get a little movement.  It also has an
tendency to end up on your pant legs if you have the petcocks open or on
your shirt through the spark plug hole.

I'd vote for leaving fluids in place, including the diesel from the cylinder
project.  Others may have a better answer, especially regarding the coolant.

Bill Brueck
   Pine Island, MN USA