[AJD] TEST only -- Not receiving messages forsome reason (PleaseDELETE)

Bill Salisbury salisburyw at comcast.net
Thu Jun 3 12:46:46 PDT 2010

Dear David,

My father had a Planet Jr.which he used in his garden.  I remember it from
the time I was a little kid.  When Dad passed away, that Planet Jr. was
still in his tool shed and in new condition.  When cleaning out that tool
shed of 60 plus years of accumulation, I ended up giving it away to a man
who was collecting artifacts such as this, to decorate a restaurant,
probably a Cracker Barrel or the like.  This fellow was very excited about
getting it.

My dad had a Standard Monarch garden tractor which did all the plowing,
harrowing, cultivating, etc.  As a little boy of 3 years old, I thought that
that tractor was the living end!  It was the greatest thing since sliced
bread.  As I grew up, I eventually grew big enough to be able to horse that
tractor around.  For all of the things that it wasn't, I can tell you that
it had every bit of the power of 3 1/2 horses.  With the short stack open
exhaust pipe, it would really bark.  I often wish that the tractor had
stayed in the family, but it didn't.  Recently, I saw one for sale and it
was a new old stock one that had never been used for anything.  The original
paint was on it and in fine shape.  When I saw that advertised, I thought
that I should go after it.  Then, common sense prevailed.  What would I do
with it other than take up more space?

Cheers!  Bill