[AT] [Farmall] Super A Carb Leak

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Wed Jul 7 13:33:21 PDT 2010

Ben the thing has to be spotlessly clean inside.  I rebuilt a M-S  carb a
while back.  I was 100% sure it was right.  I put the thing back on the
tractor and it wouldn't run without the chock pulled half open.  My neighbor
is a pretty good mechanic.  He heard it run and said  "you've got trash in
the carb".  I told him it couldn't be.  He shook his head and said "trash in
the carb".   I pulled it back apart, looked it over from one end to the
other, ran carb cleaner through it again, and blew it out with air again.  I
never saw a thing come out of it.  I put it back together and it ran like a
clock.   That's got nothing to do with your problem other than it
illustrates the need to have the carb very clean.    When you are absolutely
certain it's clean, clean it one more time, check the valve and seat for
scratches or grooves.  You might need to get some lapping compound and seat
it manually.  Make sure there isn't anywhere or anyway the float can hang.

If anyone can think of anything I've missed or I'm wrong about please speak
up.

Charlie