[AT] Real farmers problems - a discussion of land use related to farming - was fuel problems get expensive - perspectives and reactions

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 2 06:57:09 PDT 2010

Turkey hunting leases around here are $3 an acre and up, that is for a 3
week spring season.  I don't know what deer leases run, but people
wanting to buy hunting ground has driven the small acreage prices way up.

When we were feeding 6 instead of 2, we filled about half of a 12 cu.
ft. freezer with venison each fall.  Now 1 or 2 is plenty.   Hint, the
does that appear full grown but don't have fawns will be the 18 mo old
ones that haven't bred yet, they eat best :-)

The ones with the biggest horns or roman nosed does aren't as good...