[AT] Clutch Decision

Ben Wagner supera1948 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 10:10:17 PDT 2010

Hello,

My 1945 Farmall A had a stuck clutch which turned out to be the pressure
plate rusted to the "driven member" clutch disk.  There is no rust pitting.

What should I do? I was told that replacing the clutch is the best
option.  However, the total will come to about $180.  I don't mind
spending the money, but since the two halves separated without damage,
can I reuse the clutch?  I also read that you can "slip" the clutch
slightly and burn off the old rust if you reinstall it.

Could I clean the rust off the pressure plate and only buy the "driven
member" or even the other way around?

And advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben Wagner