[AT] Yanmar 185D engine

Dennis Johnson moscowengnr at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 28 17:11:03 PDT 2010

I finally got the fuel pump somewhat primed on my baby backhoe, enough where I got the Yanmar 3 cyl engine to start for a few minutes. Still have some fuel issues, but running a little is better than having it locked up. Now the governor / throttle seem to have a mind of there own and moving the throttle lever sometimes does not do much.
Question - how the the governors work on these units - I assume some spring balancing against a counter weight system that move a rack, but would like to have a diagram or picture of how this works before I tear it appart and try to get everything free hoping that the throttle would then work a bit better.
If there is not a diagram, has someone taken these apart before where they could give me a few tips on the best way to do it.

Thanks,
Dennis