[AT] Ford 3000 SOS

Grant Brians sales at heirloom-organic.com
Sun Jul 25 06:00:35 PDT 2010

Don, three thoughts. First, does the Select-o-speed have a Park lock? If so,
it could have been jarred loose and be locking the transmission. Second,
does the shifting mechanism have any linkages that could have done the same?
The easiest way to check both would be to get the factory manual and follow
their procedures. The alternative is to follow all the linkages and check
for what appears to be normal operation.
     Another possible failure mode that should not require rebuilding the
transmission to fix would be if the PTO engagement mechanism could have
allowed a lockup either of the PTO clutch or a gear slippage. I would think
you need a manual to diagnose that though. Good luck!
     Oh Don, please give me a call back soon as I left you a message.
            Grant Brians
            Hollister California vegetable farmer