[AT] Farmall Super M, Stage II, question down in the weeds

drupert at seanet.com drupert at seanet.com
Thu Jul 15 23:18:56 PDT 2010

Dean,

Interesting question ... I wish I knew the answer -

>From what you've reported I take it that Stage I SM's don't have the
vertical Bose's, the early Stage IIs do have them but not the drilled and
taped holes, the later Stage IIs have the drilled and taped holes and
SMTAs (at least mine) does not even have the vertical Bose's ... an
interesting progression/regression.

My SM, which is SN 49xxx (that is a very late stage II), has the drilled
and taped holes ... they are 7/16" which, compared with all the other
drilled and taped holes on the side of the M, is pretty small so whatever
was intended to be mounted there must have been a relatively small
attachment and it must not have proved very popular.

Incidentally, Dean, what is the SN of your' SM?

Dudley>

Hi gang.  I've noticed something on my recently-acquired late Super M that