[Farmall] International A shifting lever problems

ebony51 at frontiernet.net ebony51 at frontiernet.net
Fri Jul 9 19:47:55 PDT 2010

John, I think this one is a bit different than what you describe.  There is a spring on the the shifting lever, but mainly it functions to hold the gear shift swivel shield down.

There is a pin or shaft that goes through the gear shift swivel shaft (and short of a ball there) that holds the gear shift lever into the transmission. I am assuming the transmission end of the shift level needs built up a bit.

I looked at "Yesterdays Tractors" on someone said 1/4 inch.  Someone else said weld as needed.  So, I suppose built it up 3/8, try and see how it works, and grind it down if needs less.  Wished I had a TIG welder.  I just have an old Forney stick welder that is on the fritz right now.  I assume it is not too complicated to weld it up a bit...not sure what rod to use though.

Thanks

Larry Hardesty