[Ford-ferguson] Replacing upper radiator hose on 2N Ford-Ferguson

C.J. Wilhelmi cwi813 at mchsi.com
Fri Jul 9 10:18:01 PDT 2010

Hello!

I just got the lower radiator hose replaced on my 2N, then found there is fluid leaking from the top hose connection of the upper radiator hosel Again, I haven't touched it before so I don't know what it looks like under there. The hose appears to be leaking only when fluid is added to the radiator, but I want to fix it correctly.

It looks like the hose clamp is attached in such a way that the hood will have to be removed in order to reach it. There is also an add-on "optional" air intake emerging near the steering wheel, which I must detach in order to get the hood off. I have no directions anywhere on how to get that removed, pull the steering wheel, then take off the hood. (I remember when I used to say, "I liked challenges." Ha.)

The hose appears to be leaking only when fluid is added to the radiator, but I want it fixed correctly. Can anyone tell me how to get to the upper radiator hose? There may be a better way than what I see from the "left-front wheel chair" part of the tractor. :O) (If you can send me a web site, I'd be grateful for that - as I know direction-writing takes time. )

Thanks so much!

Cynthia